Read/Write/Run

Hi! My name is Ken. I'm going to periodically write about running, writing, and a number of other topics. Please feel free to read my posts and provide your comments. If you have a question about any topic, leave a message and I'll try to help you get the information you're looking for. Thanks for stopping by. I hope to see you again soon.



Saturday, April 16, 2011

Running A Memorial Day Race?

As I mentioned earlier in several posts, my small running group lost a good friend and runner buddy last year, Doug Zimmerman. I just received information from his wife that this year's Woodstock Memorial Day 10k will be dedicated to the memory of him and others. I used to run a race a number of years ago on Memorial Day in Durham, CT. It's been too long a time since I've done one so this year I'm going to do the Woodstock 10k  in Doug's memory and several other people.
I understand that the Woodstock course is very hilly so I'm going to try to prepare for it. This is about as far away from a PR course as there is, but that's okay. It should be a lot of fun and I'll be getting a shirt with Doug's name on it too, which is great.

Does anyone out there plan to do a race on or around Memorial Day? I know it's sometimes difficult to do so because of family commitments etc.. but I was just wondering. Let me know what you're up to that weekend.
Ken

1 comment:

  1. I love doing runs like that ... makes you run harder, faster and better because the run isnt for you ... :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated!