Read/Write/Run

Hi! My name is Ken. I'm going to periodically write about running, writing, and a number of other topics. Please feel free to read my posts and provide your comments. If you have a question about any topic, leave a message and I'll try to help you get the information you're looking for. Thanks for stopping by. I hope to see you again soon.



Thursday, December 22, 2011

As the year draws to a close.....

It's that time of year for our small running group to get together to celebrate the year and toast friends, both still with us and those not. We reconvened our little celebration at the Arch Street Tavern in town after a short run.

This year has had its ups and down for our little group. One of our friend's Chris V. suffered a serious leg injury while playing soccer that has had him out of work for over a month. Tony B. has had to deal with the news from his doctor that one of his knees is so badly damaged that he has to stop running almost entirely. Of course, we continue to miss both Dave C.and Doug Z. We were lucky though because Doug's wife, Bet, was able to make our celebration. She's on the far right side of the photo. A number of other people were missing because of other commitments, but Carla, on the far left side of the photo, is a new recruit so that was good. Also, I forgot to invite Jared, one of our former running interns. Sorry Jared!

I want to extend a hearty thank you all my fellow bloggers that follow me and share their thoughts and running experiences. I really enjoy these communications. Now it's time to reassess things as we roll towards the start of 2012. Just remember that old saying, "there's always next year" if perhaps you came up short of certain goals, whether running related or not. I'm an optimist so I still think I can rekindle some of that lost speed from years ago, but it gets harder with every year.

I hope everyone has a very happy holiday season and new year!

Take care and don't be a stranger. 

Ken

3 comments:

  1. Happy Holidays to you and yours looking forward to the new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goals are often based on what I did 20 years ago, but I still want to believe I'm just as fast (although 1 min/mile slower). Great post. I sure miss a white Christmas in VT. Hope you have snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Dawn and Tom.

    Tom, I stopped by your blog. Boy, you like to go long for sure. I haven't run anything longer than a marathon and that was a number of years ago. I did notice you ran a 10K recently. That must have felt like different.

    Dawn, I stopped by your blog too. You look like you're in very good shape. All that running is paying off. Good job.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated!