Read/Write/Run

Hi! My name is Ken. I'm going to periodically write about running, writing, and a number of other topics. Please feel free to read my posts and provide your comments. If you have a question about any topic, leave a message and I'll try to help you get the information you're looking for. Thanks for stopping by. I hope to see you again soon.



Thursday, December 29, 2011

Detailed Running Log Notes

One of the most important ways to improve your running is trying new techniques or running plans to accomplish your goals. Many people have published books and articles with detailed plans and purport that their particular plan will help you. But you never get any real detailed data about the actual workouts that they did. Well, I have decided to share some of my actual running log sheets with anyone who cares to see this very specific information. I also plan to include races times too so you can gauge the type of progress I made during that time. I hope this helps someone.

My next post will include my information from back in 1999 when I was 42 years old. I plan to periodically share this type of information. And if you find something in my log notes that helps you, please let me know.

I'm curious to know what other people think about this subject. Perhaps I'm making a bigger deal out of this than I should be. Please weigh in. Thanks in advance for your input.

Ken

2 comments:

  1. I guess I'm totally out of touch with electronic training systems. Between Dailymile and other systems, the type of information I was talking about here is actually available many places. Oh well, I'm still going to share some of my information though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't actually use any electronic form of training systems. My logs are still in books that I keep in a shoe book after they are filled and I look back at them from time to time to see what was my workout time in past years. The only thing I do use is a pacer for when I do time trails or speed workouts. I do understand people putting out workouts that work. But in my experience workouts that work for some people don't give the same results for others.

    Jared

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated!