Read/Write/Run

Hi! My name is Ken. I'm going to periodically write about running, writing, and a number of other topics. Please feel free to read my posts and provide your comments. If you have a question about any topic, leave a message and I'll try to help you get the information you're looking for. Thanks for stopping by. I hope to see you again soon.



Monday, April 21, 2014

Boston Marathon 2014

Get ready folks! This is the year that the U.S. wins the Boston Marathon. And I' m not just talking about the men's race, but the women's race too. I don't care how fast those Kenyans and Ethiopians have run recently. They're going to be looking at a U.S. runner's soles at the end.

3 comments:

  1. Well, I was only 50 % right about my predictions. Meb did an awesome job and held on for the win. Shalane ran an awesome race too, but a PR for her didn't produce a win with that Kenyan breaking the course record. Still her seventh place finish was excellent. What happened to Desiree though. I know she was injured there for a while and perhaps she wasn't at full strength. I had expected her to run with Shalane. Still this was a great Boston Marathon! Go USA!

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And those other 6 women wouldn't have run it as fast as they did if it weren't for Shalane's record-setting pace in the beginning! :)

      Delete
  2. You're absolutely right, Amanda. I forgot about the pace she was doing early on.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated!