After reading a number of blogs and seeing all those great goals people have put forward to accomplish, I wanted to do the same. I'm a firm believer that goal setting is a extremely important element to have in one's life to be happy. So with that in mind, I put forward my health and fitness goals for this year. I plan on developing goals for my writing blog, BRIANWOODS too.
KEN'S HEALTH AND FITNESS GOALS FOR 2011
1) Continue to run 3 to 4 times per week.
2) Add in at least one cross-training aerobic exercise each week, for a total of 4 to 5 per week.
3) Buckle down and start a regular weight training program at least two times per week.
4) Incorporate more stretching into my daily routine, even if it's sitting at my desk at work or watching TV.
5) Commit this spring to going to the track weekly with those dedicated guys from Travelers.
6) Improve my eating habits, whether it be cutting down on going to fast food places or eating more fruit.
7) Here's a tough one-get a colonoscopy. Being healthy involves more than working out.
8) Slowly increase my weekend long run back to over ten miles, but continue to do it on the soft rail trail.
9) Increase my weekly running mileage back up to 30 miles.
10) Run more races earlier in the year. I only did three races this year, all at the end of the year.
11) Read more books on running and physical fitness.
12) Help and encourage others to accomplish their fitness and health goals through this blog.
13) Find other electronic media to do the same as goal 12).
14) Continue to improve my writing by reading books about the subject as well as blogging more.
15) Make sure I keep my mid-year check-up appointment with my cancer surgeon-a no brainer.
16) Try to place in my age category (top three) at least twice this year in local races.
17) Remain positive despite negative influences.
18) Lose a little weight. I'd like to get back in the low 160's again rather than low 170's.
What are your goals for this year? I'm curious so let me know here or direct me to your blog 2011 goals.
Thanks for stopping by.